Thursday 20 June 2013

91-year-old Jackie Stallone reveals her plastic surgery regrets 'I look like a chipmunk'

Jackie Stallone
Jackie Stallone has spoken about her plastic surgery regrets – saying countless botched procedures have left her looking ‘like a chipmunk with a mouth full of walnuts’. The 91-year-old socialite opened up for the first time about her health since she suffered a terrifying heart attack two months ago. In an exclusive sit-down interview she also spoke about her ‘horror’ year in which she watched her daughter Toni Ann Filiti die in her own home – just six weeks after the tragic death of her grandson Sage. Defiant Jackie – mother of Hollywood screen icon Sylvester – told how she doesn’t fear death and is proud to look so striking when most people her age are confined to nursing homes. But when asked if she still uses cosmetic surgery, Jackie said: ‘I do and actually I’ve got too much, I look like I've got a mouth full of nuts, it’s Juvederm (a cosmetic filler), too much of it. I feel as though I look like a chipmunk.’ Explaining what Juvederm is, she continued: ‘It plumps [you] up here (pointing at her cheeks) but it looks like you have a mouth full of walnuts.
However Jackie, who still attends red carpets in high heels and mini-skirts, is clearly a lot fitter than most people her age. Describing how she has kept so fit and healthy, she says:  ‘I use a bag of spinach a day, every morning for breakfast I steam a bowl of it and boil an egg on it. That’s the secret to my longevity. ‘Who do you know that looks as good at 91? I am healthy.
Here I am with a husband half my age, he’s 60.’ Jackie, who lives in an upmarket condo a stone’s throw from Santa Monica beach, does tap dancing classes three times a week, has a physical trainer twice a week and spends two hours a day playing her piano. She says: ‘I don’t waste my time going to silly Hollywood parties. You have to be a role model for seniors. And actually I became a role model for the movie stars at 50, because what they dread more than anything is getting old and shot. But I get more popular as I get older.’ ‘Hollywood fears age, but I think old is coming in. I think cougars are coming back. We’d all like to get there, get there like me. Not on a walker, not in a nursing home,’ she said. Asked what procedures she’s had, Jackie said: ‘I’ve had chemical peels, I’ve had three of those and about 50 injections. ‘
‘No Botox, I don’t need that, what I want Botox wouldn’t help. I don’t have wrinkles in my forehead, I genetically don’t have that, that’s something I can be thankful for.’ Jackie still passionately believes in plastic surgery – but thinks Beverly Hills doctors are overrated ‘hacks’. She said: ‘I’m all for everything to make it (you) look good - anything and everything. But most of the plastic surgery in Beverly Hills is rotten. I have seen on TV and in person the biggest hacks. I will go to other states.’ ‘Just because it’s Beverly Hills and they do the stars, but do you see what the stars look like? They look like they’ve been struck by lightning don’t they?' she added. 'You take Elvis Presley’s wife, doesn’t she look like she's frozen in space and in time. Like a statue, frozen.’
‘Did you ever see Bing Crosby’s wife Kathy Crosby? They took too much out of her eyelids and she looks basically like she’s got two headlights there.’ However one person Jackie admires is Joan Rivers. She said: ‘I think one of the best jobs is Joan Rivers. But they can’t seem to do anything for her body it doesn’t match the face. Her body is all-decrepit and she’s walking like she needs a cane. ‘Her face even though it’s marble, I’d like to meet her doctor. I don’t know him but if I did I'd be there.’ Recently Jackie has had more to worry about than plastic surgery – suffering her THIRD heart attack in February (the other two both happened within three months of each other when she was 75.)
She said: ‘I’ve had three. My answer is screw it, if you’re going to go it’s a good way to go. You go in one piece and you go gracefully.’ Jackie blames the health scare on a devastating past year in which Sage died of a heart attack at just 36 and her daughter Toni-Ann passed away from lung cancer. The pair died within six weeks of each other last summer. She said: ‘I saw my daughter die a day at a time of lung cancer, lying there, upstairs. I have on my counter with her ashes in an urn. Every day I couldn’t wait to go to bed at night and yet I hated to get up every morning because I knew what I was going to face, nothing was going to be any good. “I’d have to get out of bed and go to Toni Ann.
Jackie Stallone
Jackie
Jacke Stallone at home
Jackie Stallone
Jackie

No comments: