Sunday 30 June 2013

Eminem opens up in a heart-wrenching documentary how he nearly died from drug abuse

'I don't know exactly at what point it started being a problem': Pictured in 2009, Eminem battled prescription drug abuse for a long time before being hospitalized for an overdose
Eminem has opened up to the world about his history with drugs and near-death by overdose in a new documentary. The film, entitled How To Make Money Selling Drugs, has the rapper revealing some frightening facts about how he 'almost died.'
In a rather heart-wrenching preview of the film on YouTube, the 40-year-old rapper reveals that at one point, he was almost put on dialysis and the doctors didn't think he'd make it. The Stan rapper is a father to Hailie Jade Scott, 17, who he had with ex Kimberly Scott, as well as Whitney, Kimberly's child from a previous relationship and Alaina, Kimberly's sister's child both of whom he adopted. As he talks about a time he almost died after a long stint taking such drugs as Vicodin, Xanax and Valium, he appears to struggle to even get the words out. Eminem explains that he pushed away anyone that tried to help him or let him know he had a problem, saying: 'Get that f*%@ing person outta here, I can't believe they said that sh*t to me.' The star tells how since he was taking prescription pills and 'not shooting heroin' or 'putting coke up [his] nose' or 'smoking crack', that he 'literally thought [he] could control it.'
'I don't know what point exactly it started to be a problem, I just remember liking it more and more,' said the Slim Shady legend.
When Eminem finally wound up at the hospital, he said, it was almost too late. 'Had I got to the hospital about two hours later, I would have died. My organs were shutting down. My liver, kidneys, everything. They were gonna have to put me on dialysis, they didn’t think I was gonna make it,' he said in a shocking revelation. He said he didn't sleep for three weeks after that and later relapsed. 'I remember walking around my house and thinking every single day, "I'm gonna fucking die." I'm looking at my kids, and like, I need to be here for this,' he said. In the documentary that was released on 29 June, the star said that sobriety has 'been a learning process' for him. 'I'm growing. I just couldn’t believe that anybody could be naturally happy or naturally function or be just enjoying life in general without being on something.' His words to anybody battling drug addiction were: 'It does get better, you know. It just does.'
Success despite struggle: Eminem was pictured here performing in Scotland in July of 2010
Opening up: Eminem revealed all about his history of drug abuse in his latest documentary film,
Life imitating art: Eminem starred alongside Brittany Murphy, who has since passed away, in 8 Mile, which was loosely based on the rapper's own life

No comments: