Tuesday 23 July 2013

MAB Style: Laviniah's Fashion Look

Stunning Laviniah is a fashion enthusiast and aspiring musician who originates from Kenya and is based in the UK. She exclusively shares with us her style tips and beauty secrets. My name is Laviniah and I am Kenyan by origin. My biggest passions are fashion and music; I’m enthralled by each equally and couldn't separate the two. 
I’m a singer/songwriter and a fashion blogger, I run a fashion blog that is a personal style journal detailing my style, inspirations and tips. Both fashion and music provide an outlet/platform for me to express myself artistically and bring my creative mind to life. 
I would describe my style as innovative, chic and versatile. I love a simplistic chic look and other times I opt for a daring, creative, edgy look. 
I love bright bold colours and soft pastel shades, while experimenting with different textures and styles to create my own signature look. This is not only evident in how I dress but also how I style my hair as change hairstyles frequently… 
My favourite high street brands and designers
I like a mix of smart/casual and chic/sophisticated looks. I like The Row’s casual/smart look, Victoria Beckham’s feminine/sophisticated dresses, Christian Louboutin heels are gorgeous and Hermes Birkin bags. 
In terms of what high street brands I like to wear; Dorothy Perkins, New Look, Miss Selfridge, Select, River Island, H&M and Zara. For me it’s not what you wear but how you wear it, how you put an outfit together that makes a statement.
My beauty secrets
I don’t really have any but my routine daily is...
I wash my face every evening using a face wash, when I do wear makeup what I normally do is use a facial wipes first then I use a face wash. I have naturally oily skin and I discovered the less cream I use on my face, the less likely I get spots. 
So I tend to not to moisturise my face when I go to bed, the only thing I apply is eye cream. 
I highly recommend using a good eye cream and applying at least once a day, it really makes a difference and keeps at bay dark under eye circles or bags.
Make up brands I use
Mary Kay foundation- I stick to what I know, I use Mary Kay liquid foundation, and I’m currently using the new range which is designed for dry and oily skin. I use the matte finish and it’s great as its light and gives a natural look.
Mac cosmetics- love the range of eye shadow palettes 
Sleek contour kit- contour and highlighter compact.
No7 matte lipstick- I love this brand’s lipstick collection, I prefer matte lipstick as it doesn’t wear off and it’s not too glossy. This range is perfect and it doesn’t chap my lips no matter how much I wear it.
Rimmel lipstick- I also love this range, especially when it comes to bold colours such as red salsa and fuchsia pink.
Maybelline eye gel liner- comes with a brush so it’s easier to use and its long lasting. 
Rimmel London lash accelerator mascara- I apply a few coats and it makes my eye lashes look fuller and longer
My favourite trends
My favourite trends rather… these are what I would call my trans-seasonal trends, I still can’t resist colour blocking my outfits, pastel shades, peplum is a favourite of mine from peplum dresses to skirts to tops. 
For Autumn/Winter trends I love the navy on denim look, monochrome, faux fur and leather and burgundy.
My favourite music track
That’s too difficult to choose, there are too many to list. I love acoustic, gospel, R&B music. 
If I had to choose one track that resonated with me and I still love hearing it’s Miseducation of Lauryn Hill by Lauryn Hill.

Fashion Icons

This is an easy one…I absolutely adore Olivia Palermo’s style and dress sense, the way she accessorises and put different pieces together and still make it work and look distinct. 

I love Australian Harper Bazaar’s fashion editor, Christine Centerena’s style, she has impeccable taste. I also adore June Ambrose and Solange Knowles eclectic style.



Instagram @flairforfashion
Twitter @flair4myfashion
Facebook page is Bestfootforward

We absolutely love Lavinah style and how classy and elegant she manages to look. What do you think of her style? 
Favourite looks?

No comments: